Wednesday 29 June 2011

New MAC and Jane Iredale

I've bought a few new things this week, including Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, however I think these two are the most interesting:

MAC Well Dressed blush & Jane Iredale Peach Sherbert PurePressed eyeshadow
The colour of Well Dressed is more accurate here
I know that MAC can be a bit boring and safe compared to the other brands out there, however I really have a soft spot for their powder products. My skin and eyes are very sensitive, yet I've never had a problem with MAC. So I stick with what I know!

Well Dressed is described somewhat ambiguously as 'Pink Lady Pink' on the MAC website. I would describe it as a cool, pastel baby pink which brightens my complexion without appearing obvious. I like how the satin finish adds glow and dimension without any shimmer and sparkle. It lasts all day on me, applies nice and even and best of all doesn't cause any rashes or acne!

I've wanted pastelly-nude peach eyeshadow for AGES, at least 10 months. I've tried a couple to no avail, the latest attempt is Peach Sherbert. It doesn't quite hit the mark but it's beautiful nevertheless. It's a warm peach colour with a very fine gold shimmer shot through. I wish it was more on the pastel side, but it's more of a warm peach. It's quite expensive for 1.8g and to be honest, it isn't anything amazing. It sort of falls out all over the pan at the slightest brush stroke. It does compliment my blue eyes quite well, but if and when I run out, I wont rebuy. It just isn't something I would desperately miss.

Here's some swatches:

Both them are very subtle, so good for those of us who sometimes suffer from a heavy hand. The second swatch (Peach Sherbert above, Well Dressed below) shows the shimmery finish of the eyeshadow and the satiny finish of the blush. They are both very spring-summer appropriate too, silly considering it's currently winter in Australia.
My makeup shopping list is currently longer than my arm. When I bought Well Dressed, I spotted a gorgeous pastel peach blush (whose name evades me now) but I know it simply must be mine one day. There's also several dozen eyeshadows as usual, the new Guerlain and Dior lipsticks have also stolen my heart. I have a job interview for a real, fulltime grownup job tomorrow so if I get it (ohhh I want it so much!), perhaps I might reward myself and be able to post a bit more too!

No comments:

Post a Comment